01: AI & Google Maps
Let’s talk about staying ahead of the game.
In a world where the latest technology can seem out of reach, AI is the tool that makes everything possible in just a few clicks. It is the kind of innovation that we once only dreamt of, but now it’s accessible on our smartphones, even in our most ordinary moments. Google is leading the charge, constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible with their cutting-edge technology, and they’ve done it again with Google Maps.
When it was first launched, Google Maps was just a simple navigation tool that helped users get from point A to point B. But today, Google has been working tirelessly to introduce incredible features that enhance our real-world experiences. With every update, Google Maps gets better and more exciting, making our lives smoother and more enjoyable.
Here’s what’s new:
- Immersive View: It’s like stepping into a video game version of your city. You can check out spots in 3D before you even get there.
- AR in Maps: Lost? Just hold up your phone, and arrows and signs pop up to point you in the right direction. It’s like magic.
- Better Maps: They’re adding more details—little things like building shapes and street widths that make everything look and feel real.
- EV Info: If you drive an electric car, finding a charging spot just got easier. You’ll know where they are and how fast they’ll charge.
- Pictures in Search: Hunt for a place to eat, and you’ll see pics of food that’ll make you hungry. Tap on a pic, and you’ll find out how to get there.
Running a shop or a local hangout? Then you’ll love what Google Maps has to offer. It’s not just about looking good but being seen as well. The 3D view feature could help showcase your establishment’s vibe before customers even walk in. And those augmented reality (AR) signs? They can guide potential customers straight to your sale rack. Additionally, the images you upload are like mini-ads that can grab attention and draw consumers to your door.
Google Maps is more than just a navigation tool. It’s a platform that allows businesses to showcase their unique offerings and stand out from the crowd. It provides a new way for people to discover what’s out there, while also helping small businesses get the visibility they deserve.
02: ChatGPT Goes Multimodal
Imagine a world where your tech tool not only answers your questions but also anticipates your needs. ChatGPT has undergone a remarkable evolution and has emerged with a range of features that are generating non-stop buzz.
Gone are the days when it was just a simple search engine or calculator. ChatGPT is now capable of identifying images and performing multiple tasks simultaneously. It can recognize patterns, learn from your preferences, and provide personalized recommendations.
OpenAI is now rolling out the “multimodal” capabilities of ChatGPT and it’s incredibly powerful. For business owners and those using it for their day to day work, here’s how ChatGPT’s new combo moves can up your game:
- All-in-One Customer Queries: A customer sends a photo of a part they need for a gadget. ChatGPT doesn’t just recognize the part; it checks your stock, suggests alternatives, and even directs them to your online checkout.
- Competitive Analysis: You’re curious about how your product stacks up. Upload your product photo, ask for a comparison, and ChatGPT will pull up the competitors, analyze the differences, and even create a marketing angle based on the visuals.
And the combo moves? They’re something out of a sci-fi show:
- The Pixar Pitch: Upload a photo of your storefront, and ask for a Pixar-style version. ChatGPT analyzes the photo, writes a prompt that captures the essence, and regenerates an animated version—all in one step. It’s art, analysis, and creativity, all rolled into one.
- The Social Summary: Snap a pic of your latest product, ask for the buzzwords, and watch ChatGPT create a trendy social media post that’s got the hashtags and even alt text for accessibility. It’s your social media manager and copywriter, all in one that browses the web too.
Integrating AI technology in businesses has enabled them to do things faster and better with a touch of creativity that was not possible before. This technology has allowed small businesses to have a full-fledged marketing and support team in one tool. It is a game-changing innovation that demolishes barriers and transforms “what if” into “what’s next.”
As ChatGPT steps into this multimodal world, it is not only setting a new benchmark, but also providing a playground of possibilities for businesses to explore, combine and redefine what they can achieve with AI.
ALSO: ChatGPT knows about content up until April 2023 now for most accounts (vs Nov 2021 previously) and some are even reporting September 2023. Your favorite chatbot also just got smarter with what’s recent!
03: The White House’s AI Executive Order
In an age where artificial intelligence weaves into the fabric of daily life, a new narrative unfolds at the White House. Yesterday, President Biden signed a groundbreaking Executive Order, setting a course for America to not only lead in AI but to do so with an ethical compass, ensuring AI’s promise is matched by its safety and reliability.
This isn’t just a policy change; it’s a historic moment that marks a shift in how AI will shape our lives. The Executive Order lays a foundation for AI systems to be developed with the utmost safety, security, and trustworthiness, a move that echoes through businesses nationwide.
Small businesses might wonder, “What’s in it for us?” Here’s the breakdown:
- Safety and Security Standards: AI developers must share safety test results with the government.
- Privacy Preservation: With a strong stance on privacy, especially in data training for AI, businesses can assure customers that their data is secure and used ethically
- Transparency in AI: Standards for content authentication and watermarking mean businesses can confidently use AI-generated content, knowing it’s marked clearly, avoiding deception
Now, imagine a local retailer using an AI system that can analyze market trends, manage inventory, and interact with customers—all while adhering to these new standards. Or a tech startup that develops an AI-driven health app, confident that its product meets rigorous safety tests and respects user privacy.
The Executive Order signed by the government is not just about enforcing rules; it is about creating an environment that fosters innovation within the limits of safety, fairness, and trust.
It sends a message that the AI of the future will be built on the principles established today, providing businesses with a roadmap towards a future where AI is not only powerful but also ethical and beneficial to all.
As a business, embracing this change means being part of a movement transforming the technology ethos. It presents an opportunity to innovate within a space that is not only focused on advancing capabilities but also on advancing values. We now have a blueprint for a future where technology and humanity work hand in hand toward progress, and we will see how the developer community and leaders in this space react in the coming weeks.